Irritating questions. Really? This is the sort of things you’d ask me?
Get a life.
Below is a sample of typical conversation I had with strangers.
1) How old are you?
I don’t lie about my age. It’s a good number.
2) Are you married?
No. Not yet.
Aaa…umm…(What kind of question is this? If it doesn’t happen, then it doesn’t. It probably won’t, no matter how hard I try. I don’t make the moment happen with a flick of a wand.)
4) When are you getting married?
Aaa…hmmm….(How am I supposed to know? I was hoping to get married when I was 17. It was 11 years ago.)
5) What kind of man are you into?
Aaa..mmm….that’s a complicated one. I admire men that are smarter than I do, intellectually and emotionally. Good principles that money can’t buy. Wit. Knows how to enjoy life. World traveler. Appreciate life. Iron his own clothes. Fold the laundries. Dance nude in the dark.
O.K I’m kidding. Last 3 are optional.
6) Are you choosy?
We’re talking about commitment, right? Not buying a pile of fish. So I think so…
7) Do you prefer Caucasians/foreigners to Malay?
I don’t know. I don’t put a face to a person I would like to marry.
8) Do you have a Spanish boyfriend, that’s why you love Spain so much?
Nope. Just the language.
9) You don’t want to end up alone, do you?
No. But if that’s the best for me then maybe that’s it. I try not to question it and I stopped hoping long time ago.
10) Let me find you one, o.k? Poor girl. Alone and miserable. I know this dude, nice guy, owns a car, a house, a good job, respectable family, lives nearby….bla3x
Oh, shut the fuck up!
Then they finish off the conversation saying that you can’t have everything that you want. So keep the one pushed to you/that loves you. There might not be another chance. Find a company, nobody wants to die alone. True loves don’t exist.
It was all a lie.
Know what? You’re one too.