1) Be like a postage stamp. Stick to one thing until it reaches its destination.
2) To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.
3) All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler in unaware.
4) When one door of happiness closes, another opens but often we took so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.
5) Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you thought could never be yours.
6) Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes furthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare.
7) A wish changes nothing. A decision changes everything.
8) A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.
9) Stories, if they become alive in the mind of the listener, wrap themselves around the journey like arms and legs, holding the traveler within their embrace, carrying her along.
10) Most of us have dreamed, if just for a moment of chucking life’s encrumbrances and wondering free through exotic parts of mystery and magic.
[Theodore Nelson and Andrea Gross]
11) Begin doing what you want to do NOW. We are living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand – and melting like a snowflake.
[Marie Beyon Ray]
12) Afoot and lighthearted I take the open road, healthy, free, the world is before me leading wherever I choose.
13) Travel not only stirs the blood – it also gives birth to the spirit.
14) To shut our eyes is to travel.
15) People travel because it teaches them things they could learn no other way.
16) We are defined more by detours and distractions in life than by the narrow road towards goals.
17) Wherever the man wanders, he still remains tethered by the chain that links him to his kind.
18) Be ye lamps unto yourself.
19) Most of my treasured memories of travel are recollections of sitting.
[Robert Thomas Allen]
20) The best portion of a good man’s life – his little, nameless acts of kindness and love.
21) There is someone out there who needs you. You must live your life so that person can find you.
22) Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much.
23) Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.
24) Life is too short to waste on speed.
25) Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things…I am tempted to think these are no little things.
26) I would love you all the day, Every night we would kiss and play,
If with me you’d fondly stray, Over the hills and far away.
27) Think not that you can direct the course of love; for love…directs your course.
28) Two of the greatest gifts we can give to our children are roots and wings.
29) And this is what the traveler discovers: in this great and endlessly fascinating world of ours, everywhere can be home.
30) We are all have the extraordinary coded within is – waiting to be released.
31) All travel is exploration of love.
32) If you are wise and know the art of travel, let yourself go on the stream of the unknown and accept whatever comes in the spirit in which the God may offer it.
33) One of the greatest things about travel is you find how many good, kind people there are.
34) As much trouble as I’ve had on this little journey, I’m sure one day I’m going to look back and laugh.
35) I have a compulsion to wander and return – a homing instinct like a mother bird.
36) Eres lo que es tu profundo y constante deseo,
como es tu deseo es tu voluntad,
como es tu voluntad es tu esfuerza,
y como es tu esfuerza es tu destino.
37) Todas las situaciones críticas tienen un relámpago que nos ciega o nos ilumina.
[Victor Hugo, Les Miserables]
38) Un buen viajero no tiene planes fijos y no está decidido para llegar.
[FNAC, 27/08/08, Madrid]
39) Winners are just ex-losers who got mad.
40) You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, “I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.”
You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
41) The longer I live, the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time.
[George Bernard Shaw]
42) Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for.
43) Go as far as you can see. When you get there you’ll see farther.
44) This above all: to thine own be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
45) The heights by great man reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night.
[Henry Wadsworth Longfellow]
46) Saddle your dreams afore you ride’em
[Mary Webb, 1881-1927]
47) To laugh often and much;
to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friend;
to appreciate beauty;
to find the best in others;
to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.
[Harry Emerson Fosdick]
48) For better it is to dare mighty things
to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.
49) Procrastination is the fear of success.
People procrastinate because they are afraid of the success that they know will result if they move ahead now. Because success is heavy, carries a responsibility with it, it is much easier to procrastinate and live on the ‘Someday I’ll’ phylosophy.
50) If you trap the moment before it’s ripe, the tears of repentance you’ll certainly wipe; But if once you let the ripe moment go, you can never wipe off the tears of woe.
[William Blake 1791]