This is the end product.
The recipe was awesome. I tweaked it a bit since I don’t have whole milk at hand.
Note for improvement:
1) Add a couple of breads more. I added about 3 more but it can handle up to 5 regular slices. Stale cinnamon buns are the best.
2) I used evaporated milk, about 2.5 cups. It has a silky-light taste in your mouth. Thought you might want to try. Whipped cream is fine too but the texture would be heavier, though creamier and the temperature should be about 200-220 degrees for about an hour.
3) I followed the recipe using 4 eggs but 3 would do just fine.
4) 3/4 cups of sugar is too sweet (though I added the mixture volume about a cup more) Half a cup of sugar is good, and if possible use soft brown sugar.
5) For crispy top, sprinkle a tablespoon of granulated white sugar evenly right before inserting it in the oven.
6) You can add pecans or walnuts, raisins, or better…raisins soaked in your favourite liquor for that added punch.
7) If you like natural sweetness, add thin sliced pears or apples and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
Hope you’ll like it as much as I do!