If you’re into The Hunger Games, travel and life, follow me!
If you’re into The Hunger Games, travel and life, follow me!
1) Bizarre travel plans are dancing lessons from God
2) When you’ve got something to prove, there’s nothing greater than a challenge.
3) Nobody’s ever drowned in his own sweat.
4) A ship in harbor is safe – but that is not what ships are built for
[John A. Shedd]
5) The key to failure is trying to please everybody
6) Travel light: own only what you carry with you. Know language. Know countries. Know people. Let your memory be your travel bag.
7) Be a fountain, not a drain
8) We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us
9) I will go anywhere, as long as it’s forward
10) To travel is to live
[Hans Christian Anderson]
11) No man is a fool to give up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
12) The biggest mistake is not making one.
13) If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you there.
14) If your heart is pulling you in a direction that has mystery and wonder, trust it and follow it.
15) May all your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing views where something strange and more beautiful and more full of wonder than your deepest dream waits for you.
16) Regret for the things we did can be tempered with time: it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
[Sydney J. Harris]
17) You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover will be yourself.
18) Do not be timid or squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment.
[Ralph Waldo Emerson]
19) If you want a place in the sun, you must leave the shade of the family tree.
20) What we all try to complain about most people are those things we don’t like about ourselves.
21) Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
22) You can have anything if you want it desperately enough. You must want it with an inner exuberance that erupts through the skin and joins the energy that created the world.
23) The thing always happens that you really believe in: and the belief in a thing makes it happen.
[Frank Lloyd Wright]
24) A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
25) Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.
26) A year from now you may wish you have started today.
27) Be bold – and mighty forces will come to your aid.
28) The future always belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
29) If you’re going to do something wrong, at least enjoy it.
30) To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
31) Every man has the right to risk his own life in order to save it.
[Jean Jacques Rousseau]
32) There is only one success – to be able to spend your life in your own way.
33) Shiver awake at the doing of your dreams.
34) There is 2 magical days in your life. The first day is the day you were born and the latter is when you know why.
35) Whatever you’re ready for is ready for you.
36) The bolder your promises, the richer your bounty
[Vickie L. Milazzo]
37) Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.
38) Do something everyday that scares you.
39) To speak another language is to open another door to an entire universe.
40) Only when we no longer afraid do we begin to live.
41) The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost.
42) Life is a daring adventure or nothing.
43) Intelligence is like river. The deeper it is, the less noise it makes.
44) Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
45) To live is the rarest thing. Most people exist, that is all.
46) If you can dream it, you can do it!
47) Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
48) Intelligence is like underwear. We all should have it but we shouldn’t show it off.
49) No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rest his head on his old, familiar pillow.
50) One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.
1) Be like a postage stamp. Stick to one thing until it reaches its destination.
2) To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.
3) All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler in unaware.
4) When one door of happiness closes, another opens but often we took so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.
5) Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you thought could never be yours.
6) Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes furthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare.
7) A wish changes nothing. A decision changes everything.
8) A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.
9) Stories, if they become alive in the mind of the listener, wrap themselves around the journey like arms and legs, holding the traveler within their embrace, carrying her along.
10) Most of us have dreamed, if just for a moment of chucking life’s encrumbrances and wondering free through exotic parts of mystery and magic.
[Theodore Nelson and Andrea Gross]
11) Begin doing what you want to do NOW. We are living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand – and melting like a snowflake.
[Marie Beyon Ray]
12) Afoot and lighthearted I take the open road, healthy, free, the world is before me leading wherever I choose.
13) Travel not only stirs the blood – it also gives birth to the spirit.
14) To shut our eyes is to travel.
15) People travel because it teaches them things they could learn no other way.
16) We are defined more by detours and distractions in life than by the narrow road towards goals.
17) Wherever the man wanders, he still remains tethered by the chain that links him to his kind.
18) Be ye lamps unto yourself.
19) Most of my treasured memories of travel are recollections of sitting.
[Robert Thomas Allen]
20) The best portion of a good man’s life – his little, nameless acts of kindness and love.
21) There is someone out there who needs you. You must live your life so that person can find you.
22) Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much.
23) Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.
24) Life is too short to waste on speed.
25) Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things…I am tempted to think these are no little things.
26) I would love you all the day, Every night we would kiss and play,
If with me you’d fondly stray, Over the hills and far away.
27) Think not that you can direct the course of love; for love…directs your course.
28) Two of the greatest gifts we can give to our children are roots and wings.
29) And this is what the traveler discovers: in this great and endlessly fascinating world of ours, everywhere can be home.
30) We are all have the extraordinary coded within is – waiting to be released.
31) All travel is exploration of love.
32) If you are wise and know the art of travel, let yourself go on the stream of the unknown and accept whatever comes in the spirit in which the God may offer it.
33) One of the greatest things about travel is you find how many good, kind people there are.
34) As much trouble as I’ve had on this little journey, I’m sure one day I’m going to look back and laugh.
35) I have a compulsion to wander and return – a homing instinct like a mother bird.
36) Eres lo que es tu profundo y constante deseo,
como es tu deseo es tu voluntad,
como es tu voluntad es tu esfuerza,
y como es tu esfuerza es tu destino.
37) Todas las situaciones críticas tienen un relámpago que nos ciega o nos ilumina.
[Victor Hugo, Les Miserables]
38) Un buen viajero no tiene planes fijos y no está decidido para llegar.
[FNAC, 27/08/08, Madrid]
39) Winners are just ex-losers who got mad.
40) You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, “I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.”
You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
41) The longer I live, the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time.
[George Bernard Shaw]
42) Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for.
43) Go as far as you can see. When you get there you’ll see farther.
44) This above all: to thine own be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
45) The heights by great man reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night.
[Henry Wadsworth Longfellow]
46) Saddle your dreams afore you ride’em
[Mary Webb, 1881-1927]
47) To laugh often and much;
to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friend;
to appreciate beauty;
to find the best in others;
to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.
[Harry Emerson Fosdick]
48) For better it is to dare mighty things
to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.
49) Procrastination is the fear of success.
People procrastinate because they are afraid of the success that they know will result if they move ahead now. Because success is heavy, carries a responsibility with it, it is much easier to procrastinate and live on the ‘Someday I’ll’ phylosophy.
50) If you trap the moment before it’s ripe, the tears of repentance you’ll certainly wipe; But if once you let the ripe moment go, you can never wipe off the tears of woe.
[William Blake 1791]
1) We may affirm absolutely that nothing great in the world has been accomplished without passion.
2) Men for the sake of getting a living, forget to live.
[Margaret Fuller, 1810-1850]
3) There is the greatest practical benefit in making a few failures early in life.
[T. H. Huxley]
4) You will make all kinds of mistakes but as long as you are generous and true and also fierce, you cannot hurt the world or even seriously distress her.
[Sir Winston Churchill]
5) If you want to win anything – a race, yourself, your life – you have to go a little berserk!
6) You are beaten to earth?
Well, well what’s that?
Come up with a smiling face,
It’s nothing against you
to fall down flat
But to lie there – that’s a disgrace.
7) There are 2 things to aim in life: First to get what you want and after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieves the second.
[Logan Pearsall Smith]
8) Don’t play for safety – it’s the most dangerous thing in the world.
9) Have no fear for perfection – You’ll never reach it.
10) It’s easy enough to be pleasant when life flows like a song,
but the one worthwhile is the one who will smile when everything goes dead wrong,
For the test of the heart is trouble and it always comes with the years,
And the smile that is worth all the praises of the Earth is the smile that shines through the tears.
11) There are 4 things which never come back again once they are gone; 1- the words said out, 2- the arrows shot, 3- the time past and 4- an opportunity lost.
12) We wear the mask that grins and lies
It shades our cheeks and shades our eyes
This debt we pay to human guile
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile.
13) Go the extra miles. It’s never crowded.
14) I have learned grace from the rivers,
Poise from the cliffs and peaks;
I have learned always to listen
for wisdom when beauty speaks.
15) There is no thrill in easy sailing where the skies are clear and blue,
There is no joy in merely doing things that anyone can do,
But there’s something that’s called satisfaction that is damned mighty sweet to take,
When you reach a destination that you thought you’d never make.
16) In the depth of winter I finally learned there was in me invisible summer.
17) Fear less, hope more; whine less, breathe more;
Talk less, say more; hate less, love more;
and all good things are yours.
18) For everything you have MISSED, you have GAINED something else.
[Ralph Waldo Emerson]
19) Unless you try to do something beyond what you already mastered, you will never grow.
[Ronald E. Osborn]
20) What a lovely surprise to finally discover how unlonely being alone can be.
21) You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.
22) You have within you right now, everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you.
23) There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.
24) Do or do not. There is no try.
25) Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
26) How a person masters his fate is more important than what his fate is.
[Wilhelm von Humboldt]
27) For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it,
For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it,
For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.
Wonder to me, is a good place to be
It helps to to think, it helps you to see
Life’s full of twists and turns will abound
But wonder and insights can guide you around
Explore what you may and fill up your mind
And hold in your heart the mysteries you find
Wonder is the saying you yearn
And making a choice in which way you turn
The best path you take will always be right
Cause if you wrong, you can make it right
Each new step you take when you listen and hear
Will give you more courage and freedom from fear
So wonder my love, rid-off your doubt
And you will rejoice with how you turn out
And though you may fall and struggle too
Know that I’ll be there and will always love you
[edited from Jill Thieme’s poem to her daughter]