1) Bizarre travel plans are dancing lessons from God
2) When you’ve got something to prove, there’s nothing greater than a challenge.
3) Nobody’s ever drowned in his own sweat.
4) A ship in harbor is safe – but that is not what ships are built for
[John A. Shedd]
5) The key to failure is trying to please everybody
6) Travel light: own only what you carry with you. Know language. Know countries. Know people. Let your memory be your travel bag.
7) Be a fountain, not a drain
8) We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us
9) I will go anywhere, as long as it’s forward
10) To travel is to live
[Hans Christian Anderson]
11) No man is a fool to give up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
12) The biggest mistake is not making one.
13) If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you there.
14) If your heart is pulling you in a direction that has mystery and wonder, trust it and follow it.
15) May all your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing views where something strange and more beautiful and more full of wonder than your deepest dream waits for you.
16) Regret for the things we did can be tempered with time: it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
[Sydney J. Harris]
17) You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover will be yourself.
18) Do not be timid or squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment.
[Ralph Waldo Emerson]
19) If you want a place in the sun, you must leave the shade of the family tree.
20) What we all try to complain about most people are those things we don’t like about ourselves.
21) Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
22) You can have anything if you want it desperately enough. You must want it with an inner exuberance that erupts through the skin and joins the energy that created the world.
23) The thing always happens that you really believe in: and the belief in a thing makes it happen.
[Frank Lloyd Wright]
24) A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
25) Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.
26) A year from now you may wish you have started today.
27) Be bold – and mighty forces will come to your aid.
28) The future always belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
29) If you’re going to do something wrong, at least enjoy it.
30) To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
31) Every man has the right to risk his own life in order to save it.
[Jean Jacques Rousseau]
32) There is only one success – to be able to spend your life in your own way.
33) Shiver awake at the doing of your dreams.
34) There is 2 magical days in your life. The first day is the day you were born and the latter is when you know why.
35) Whatever you’re ready for is ready for you.
36) The bolder your promises, the richer your bounty
[Vickie L. Milazzo]
37) Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.
38) Do something everyday that scares you.
39) To speak another language is to open another door to an entire universe.
40) Only when we no longer afraid do we begin to live.
41) The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost.
42) Life is a daring adventure or nothing.
43) Intelligence is like river. The deeper it is, the less noise it makes.
44) Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
45) To live is the rarest thing. Most people exist, that is all.
46) If you can dream it, you can do it!
47) Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
48) Intelligence is like underwear. We all should have it but we shouldn’t show it off.
49) No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rest his head on his old, familiar pillow.
50) One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.